Additional Learning Support
Shrewsbury College is committed to providing a quality learning experience for all students and we will use our best endeavours to enable access to the curriculum.
- Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome)
- Physical and sensory impairments
- Mental Health/ADHD
- Medical conditions (guided by advice from external agencies)
- Study skills
Support can be available in various forms:
- Specialist Support Sessions
- Small group support sessions
- Assistive Technology
- ‘My Study Bar’ software
- Reading pens
- Augmented reality
- Telephone support
- Email support
The College admissions procedure enables you to inform the college of your needs. The sooner you inform us, the earlier we can discuss and agree a support plan with you. There are several opportunities for you to tell us about your support requirements:
- on the application form, by completing the section asking you to declare a learning difficulty or disability
- By discussing your support needs at your interview with your tutor
If you do not inform us during the admissions process you will have the chance to inform us at enrolment but this will potentially delay the support arrangements being agreed and provided. If a need arises during your course, informing us will enable support plans to be agreed.
At all the College advice events there is always someone available from the Additional Support team to discuss your queries. You can also contact the college for more information at any time on 01743 342342 and ask to speak to The Agency team.