At Shrewsbury College we value your input and offer plenty of opportunities for you to get your voice heard:
- Students Council: Shrewsbury College will work with the Students’ Council as its primary method of engagement with students.
- Student Governors: The Student Governors will play an active part in all committees including full corporation. This includes the Student Convention in their governance role.
- Student Representation: Officers will be elected to the Students Council annually that are representative of the student body. Curriculum Forums will be held termly in each school to allow student representatives to meet with school management teams.
- Super Reps: There will also be a body of consultative to be “Super Reps” elected from each Curriculum Area who will attend the Student Convention and subsequent forums. The super reps are expected to represent the main course reps from their area and disseminate any information they receive back to the student body.
- Student Services: All students are welcomed at the helpdesk to share compliments and complaints.
What our students say
Our students give excellent feedback on their time with us (from Student Induction Survey, November 2015)
- 97% Of applications were dealt with promptly
- 98% Feel safe in college
- 91% Are helped to learn how to use their time and how to study independently
- 98% Feel they are on the right course
- 91% Know the kind of support they can get from Student Services
- 91% Understand what they can do after their course finishes
- 97% Received the information they needed to start their course
- 96% Would recommend their course to a friend
- 97% Feel the teaching on their course was good
- 97% Felt the help they received when they first got in touch with the College was good
Statistics taken from Student Induction Survey, November 2015