While you are studying at Shrewsbury College
During your time at College you may need some help with planning your future, whether that’s completing an application for university, finding a part-time job or researching a gap year.
The College has an HE & Careers Advisor, as well as Shropshire Youth Personal Advisors who work with Shrewsbury College students, offering:
- Confidential Careers Guidance appointments
- Help with applying to Higher Education
- Advice on funding for Higher Education
- Advice on college applications and apprenticeships
- Support with finding work and applying for jobs
- Support with writing CVs and covering letters
We also have a range of higher education courses that Level 3 students can progress on to.
Contact the Careers Advice Team
Nichola Mannering - Shrewsbury College HE & Careers Advisor
Telephone: 01743 342320 Email: email@example.com
Sue Ratcliffe & Sam Knox-Allman - Shropshire Youth Personal Advisors
Tel: 01743 342661 / 01743 258850 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
You will find the following useful careers resources at the College:
- A Careers Library based in the Student Learning Centre
- The College has a licence for careers software ‘Kudos & Careerscape’. Go to www.cascaid.co.uk/kudos and www.cascaid.co.uk/careerscape and enter our licence code - ask for details
- Moodle hosts careers pages in the Life After College section of Student Zone.
- There are also useful resources on www.shropshireyouth.com
- The College has Matrix accreditation for our Information, Advice & Guidance service.
If we are not available to help ….
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice, supported by qualified careers advisers.