Why Choose Us?

We realise that choosing the right university level course and where to study can be a challenge, which is why Shrewsbury College offers everything you’ll need to make the right decision on your future.

Our reputation in delivering high quality HE courses spans 20 years, through a wide range of vocational and academic courses as well our partnerships with Staffordshire University and other prestigious awarding institutions.

More and more students are choosing to study locally with us because of our excellent teaching, lower fees and convenience.    

Quality teaching and high achievement rates

With our experienced and inspiring tutors and class sizes that are smaller than universities, you’ll receive more individual attention. This exceptional tutorial support, together with impartial careers guidance, will aid your employability and further study. For example, on completing qualifications with us, students are able to range advantage of a range of progression routes or top up their qualifications at university. Last year 85% of our HND Fashion students entered employment at the end of their studies, one setting up her own business. The remaining 15% progressed to undertake their BA degree. Out of our 2013/14 PCGE graduates, 85% gained employment in a teaching role.

The convenience of studying locally

Having university courses on your doorstep makes it so much easier to reach your potential and with timetables structured over one or two days, you can fit study around your job and existing commitments. You can also save time and money on travel and living costs by studying locally.
We’ve spent £15m on the campus over the last few years, improving facilities and offer more car parking, places to eat and dedicated HE study areas as well as industry-standard training settings… all making it easier to carry out and enjoy your studies.


We can now provide accommodation in Shrewsbury town centre – more details to follow.

University courses but not university prices

Our fees are considerably lower than most universities, who can charge £27k for a three year degree or £18k for two years. The equivalent of two years study with us will cost you around £10,800 and this doesn’t include the money that can be saved on living and travel costs.

Shrewsbury Website Design & Maintenance by isev

© Copyright 2009-2016 Shrewsbury College